Presenting the Union Budget 2022 in Parliament today, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that skilling programs and partnerships with industry will be revamped to promote sustainable skilling avenues, sustainability and employability. The National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) will be aligned with the dynamic industry needs.
- Digital Ecosystem for Skilling and Livelihood – Desh-Stack e-Portal – will be launched. The portal aims to empower citizens to skill, skill or upskill through online training. It aims to provide API-based trusted skill credentials, payment and discovery to find relevant jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Startups will be promoted through various applications and to facilitate ‘Drone Shakti’ for Drone-as-a-Service (DrAAS). Necessary courses for skilling in selected ITIs will be started in all the states.
- A digital university will be set up to provide students across the country access to quality education with a personalized learning experience. It will be made available in various Indian languages and ICT formats. The university will be built on a network hub-spoke model, with the hub building state-of-the-art ICT expertise. Public universities and institutions in the country will collaborate as a network of hub-spoke.
- One-Class-One TV channel program of PM eVIDYA will be expanded from 12 to 200 TV channels, with an aim to enable all states to provide supplementary education in regional languages for classes 1-12. More than 750 virtual labs in science and maths and 75 skilling e-labs for simulated learning environment will be set up in 2022-23.
- Five existing educational institutions in various fields will be designated as Centers of Excellence, to develop India’s distinctive knowledge in urban planning and design, and to provide certified training in these areas. These centers will be provided an endowment fund of Rs 250 crore each. In addition, AICTE will take the lead in improving curricula, quality and access to urban planning courses in other institutions.
Union Budget 2022; With inputs from agencies.