National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the exam city information slip on 18th January for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main 2023) Session 1 Exam 2023. Candidates who have applied for the exam can download the intimation slip from the official website – jeemain. .nta.nic.in.
JEE Main 2023 will be conducted in two sessions. Session 1 exam is to be held from January 24 to January 31, while session 2 exam will be held in April. Candidates can appear in session 2 if they do not score well in session 1.
JEE-Main 2023 Session 1 Exam City Intimation Slip: Steps to Download
Step 1: Visit the official website-jeemain.nta.nic.in
Step 2: Click on the intimation slip link given on home page.
Step 3: You will be directed to a new page, enter the required credentials.
Step 4: Click on the submit button.
Step 5: Download and take a printout of the intimation slip for future reference.
While applying, candidates were given the option to select any four cities of their choice in which they would be comfortable appearing for JEE Main 2023 exam. They could choose the cities only in permanent address status or present address status. Centers are allotted on the basis of choices marked in the application form.
About JEE Main 2023
The Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main) comprises two papers. Paper 1 is conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/B.Tech.) at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), and Institutions/Universities funded/recognized by participating State Governments. JEE (Main) is also an eligibility test for JEE (Advanced), which is conducted for admission to IITs. Paper 2 is conducted for admission to B. Arch and B. Planning courses in the country.
The JEE-Main 2023 will be conducted in 02 (two) sessions for admissions in the next academic session. The candidates will thus benefit in the following ways:
- This will give two opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they are not able to give their best in one attempt.
- In the first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste an entire year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control (such as the Board examination), then he/she will not have to wait for one entire year.
- A candidate need not appear in both Sessions. However, if a candidate appears in more than one Session then his/her best of the JEE-Main 2023 NTA Scores will be considered for preparation of the Merit List/ Ranking.