Medical aspirants of Telangana will have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming academic year 2023-24 as atleast 1000 additional MBBS seats are expected to be added in government medical colleges.
Apart from the additional MBBS medical seats, at least 50 super speciality PG medical seats are expected to be added in government medical colleges in Telangana in 2023-24.
With the National Medical Commission (NMC), the regulatory authority for medical education in the country, deciding in principle to encourage all state governments to set up more medical colleges, senior health officials associated with the development have said In 2023-24, at least 1000 additional MBBS seats are expected to be added in Telangana government hospitals.
The prospect of another 1000 MBBS medical seats increases the chances of medical aspirants to secure a medical seat even if they fail to secure the top rank in NEET, which is the all-India pre-medical entrance exam.
There are several government colleges in Telangana, covering a wide range of academic fields. Here are some examples:
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
- Telangana University, Nizamabad
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Hyderabad
- Satavahana University, Karimnagar
- Palamuru University, Mahbubnagar
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad
- Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad
These are just a few examples, and there are many other government colleges and universities in Telangana offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields of study.