One of the recent and upcoming preferred management programs is MBA in Healthcare Management. The specialization in Healthcare Management provides you with domain knowledge in the healthcare sector and also equips you with general management skills. Healthcare domain knowledge helps in developing a unique profile which leads to less competition as compared to general MBA/PGDM.
Due to lack of access to quality healthcare, continuous research makes healthcare management a recession-free sector for many decades, providing high career opportunities to professionals with the specialty Healthcare and Hospital Management.
With people becoming more concerned about their health and being actively involved, the focus is also on prevention instead of just focusing on cure without adversely affecting their health. This change has created a new healthcare delivery model that is more personalized and takes a customer-centric approach. With greater access to healthcare information through various healthcare sites and apps, this new ecosystem has given rise to specialized MBA Healthcare Management courses.
If you are looking for MBA in Healthcare Management colleges, then below are the top management colleges in India:
|Name of The Colleges||Program||Course Duration|
|IIM Kolkata||Post Graduate Certificate Program In Health Care Management||1 Year|
|FMS Delhi||Executive MBA (Health Care Administration)||2 Year|
|ISB Hyderabad||Advanced Management Program for Health Care||1 Year|
|TISS Mumbai||Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Quality Management||1 Year|
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences, Pune||MBA in Hospital and Healthcare Management||2 Years|
|We School, Mumbai||Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management||2 Years|
|Goa Institute of Management, GOA||Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management||2 years|
|Dy. Patil University, Mumbai||MBA in Health and Hospital Managment||2 Years|
|K. J. Somaiya Institute Of Management Studies||MBA in Health Care Managemnt||2 Years|
|IIHMR, Delhi||Post Graduation Diploma in Hospital and Health Management||2 Years|
The MBA in Healthcare Management covers the knowledge and process of how to collect and store data to help achieve accurate results in diagnosis, patient safety, drug efficacy, effective treatment, disease prevention, increased medication compliance, maintenance and improving access to a medical facility.
Top universities in India offer online learning in MBA in Hospital and Healthcare Management as well as MBA in Healthcare Administration. Online MBA programs are designed for working professionals who want to advance their careers in the healthcare industry.
If you are looking for Online MBA in Healthcare Management colleges/universities, then below are the top management colleges in India:
|Name of the University||Complete Course Fee (In Rs.)|
|D.Y. Patil University, Mumbai||1.61 Lakh|
|Jain University, Bangalore||1.68 Lakh|
|Dr. MGR University, Chennai||1.57 Lakh|
|Manav Rachna University, Faridabad||1.80 Lakh|
|Vignan’s University, Hyderabad||1.10 Lakh|
|Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur||1.43 Lakh|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Jaipur (Distance)||80K|
Job Opportunities Available in Healthcare Management:
There are various job opportunities available in healthcare management after completing an MBA. Some of the positions that you may be eligible for include:
- Healthcare Administrator: In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a healthcare organization or facility, such as a hospital or clinic. You may also be involved in budgeting, strategic planning, and staffing.
- Healthcare Consultant: As a consultant, you will work with healthcare organizations to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve patient care.
- Healthcare Marketing Manager: This role involves developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote healthcare services or products. You will be responsible for market research, brand management, and advertising campaigns.
- Medical and Health Services Manager: In this role, you will oversee the operations of a healthcare department or division within a larger organization. This may include managing staff, budgeting, and ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Healthcare Financial Manager: As a financial manager, you will be responsible for managing the financial operations of a healthcare organization. This may include budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and risk management.
Job Opportunities in Healthcare Industry:
Overall, an MBA in healthcare management can prepare you for a variety of roles within the healthcare industry. These roles offer good salary packages, job security, and the opportunity to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
The healthcare industry is a vast and diverse field with many different types of job opportunities, and as such, there are many top recruiters in healthcare. Some of the top healthcare recruiters include:
- UnitedHealth Group: UnitedHealth Group is a diversified healthcare company that offers a range of products and services, including health insurance, pharmacy benefit management, and healthcare delivery.
- CVS Health: CVS Health is a pharmacy innovation company that provides integrated pharmacy services, retail pharmacy, and clinical services.
- HCA Healthcare: HCA Healthcare is one of the largest healthcare providers in the United States, with over 180 hospitals and 2,000 outpatient facilities.
- Kaiser Permanente: Kaiser Permanente is a non-profit healthcare organization that offers health insurance and healthcare services in the United States.
- Mayo Clinic: The Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit academic medical center that provides patient care, medical education, and research.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine: Johns Hopkins Medicine is a healthcare system that includes hospitals, clinics, and academic centers, and is known for its research and innovation in healthcare.
These are just a few examples of the top recruiters in healthcare, and there are many other organizations that provide excellent career opportunities in this field.
The MBA Healthcare course curriculum is designed in such a way that the management graduate is capable of handling multiple management functions simultaneously.