The examination date of NEET-PG 2021 has been announced and to be conducted on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. Previously, the examination was to be held in January which was later postponed due to Covid-19.
The Minister of Health and Family Welfare has tweeted the NEET PG 2021 exam dates for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for postgraduate courses. According to the official announcement, the NEET PG 2021 will now take place on Wednesday, September 11. Previously, the examination was to be held in January, but was postponed to April and then to August.
The NEET-PG is the eligibility-cum-ranking examination for admission to various MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for the academic year 2021. The examination saw almost 2 lakh registrations this year.
Amidst the postponement of examination, the Government announced that medical interns who were waiting to take the examination would be deployed in Covid management duties, in a bid to reduce the strain on healthcare workers and address the issue of availability of sufficient medical personnel. The Centre had also announced that final year MBBS students would be utilized in tele-consultation and for monitoring mild Covid cases under the supervision of their faculty.
This delay in examinations implies the loss of almost an entire year for postgraduate doctors to enter and serve in the medical workforce. Candidates may visit the official website https://nbe.edu.in/ for information about admit card issuance, eligibility for examination, centre for examination and other relevant updates.
Changes in NEET PG 2021 exam:
- Increase in NEET PG application fee: This year, the NBE NEET PG registration fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs. 5,015, while for SC/ST/PwD is Rs. 3,835. Last year, the application fee for UR/OBC was Rs. 3,750 and for SC/ST/PH it was Rs. 2,750.
- Hike in NEET PG 2021 exam centres: As per the brochure, exam will be conducted in 255 cities of India. Last year, the exam was held at 162 cities.
- Change in exam timings: With the release of NEET PG brochure, the exam timings have been changed. NEET PG 2021 will begin from 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM. The entry for the candidates will begin at 12:00 noon.
- Number of questions reduced: The number of questions asked in NEET PG has been reduced to 200. Till last year, a total of 300 multiple choice questions were asked. NEET PG 2021 syllabus will be released soon.
- Reduction in NEET PG total marks: With the deduction in number of questions, NEET PG total marks 2021 has also been reduced to 800. As per the marking scheme, 4 marks will be allotted for every correct response, while one mark to be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Tie-breaking process reduced: NBE has reduced the methodology to break the tie between NEET PG merit rank. This year, four method will be used to break the tie – (i) greater number of correct responses, (ii) lesser number of negative responses, (iii) older candidate and (iv) higher aggregate marks (in percentage) in all MBBS professional exam
Meanwhile, the NTA has opened the registration window for registration to NEET UG 2021 exam. Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Monday announced the new exam dates for NEET-UG 2021 exam. As per the latest announcement, the exam will be held on September 12. NEET aspirants will be able to register for the exam at neet.nta.nic.in from 5 pm on July 13.