MBBS in Russia 2022: Russia has been popular among Medicine aspirants all over the world. With high standards of medical universities and low cost of education and living, Russia has been most sought after by international students.
Russia has backed 30 among the top 100 positions of Medical Universities according to the World Health Organisation’s listings. All of these universities are recognized by the WHO & Medical Council of various leading countries like India, USA, UK, Germany, Canada etc.
Best 5 Universities to Study Medical sciences & MBBS in Russia 2022:
1. Lomonosov Moscow State Medical University: It has affiliations of the Central Medical Department of the Executive Office of the President of the Russian Federation, Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy, the Fertility and Preconception Centre, the Neurological Centre of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Glavmosstroy Hospital, Moscow Regional Research Clinical Institute (MONIKI) and Moscow clinical hospitals. The institute provides all the necessary conditions for its students to gain the best standards of medical education. Also during the coursework, students are involved in research at the leading Moscow laboratories. Established-1755, Country Rank- 1
2. Saint Petersburg State University, Saint Petersburg: Saint Petersburg State University is the oldest institution of higher education in Russia. Today, the university has successfully combined tradition and innovation, being one of the leading international centers of education, science, and culture. The University is proud to produce nine Nobel Laureates in various fields like Physiology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Economics, and literature. Moreover, two presidents of the Russian Federation and six government leaders are Saint Petersburg graduates. Each year, more than 3,000 international students from 100 countries enroll in the University. Established-1724, Country Rank-03
3. Novosibirsk State University: Novosibirsk is the non-official capital of Siberia and also, the scientific center of Russia. Being one of the most rapidly growing cities in the country, it is among the top 20 best student-friendly cities in world in terms of education. Established-1959, Country Rank- 8
4. I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University: Sechenov University is the largest research medical school in Russia located in Moscow. The University offers medical students a Bachelor’s in General Medicine as an integral part of their medical courses. Established-1758, Country Rank-14
5. Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University: The Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University is one of the oldest and leading universities in Russia and is well known all over the world. The Medical University is the first organization in Russia to provide women with the opportunity to get a higher medical education. This university was also the first in the world to establish a Faculty of Pediatrics, serving as a model for the foundation of such departments in other universities. The school of Biomedicine established in 1963, was also the first in the world. Established-1906, Country Rank-22.
Studying medicine in Russia is a very easy viable process, as it does not require any entrance exams. Also, MBBS fee in Russia is low as the Russian government provides high subsidies for education. All Russian medical universities are listed in the World Health Organization and the Medical Council of India, so a student who holds an MBBS degree from Russia can practice anywhere in the world, including India.
With fully equipped living facilities, the study standards are very appreciable. International students are also trained in Russian language which helps them to communicate better with patients during medical practice.