The online registration process for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2022) begins from August 30 on the official website, the link for which is gate.iitkgp.ac.in. The last date to apply for GATE 2022 is September 24. A candidate appearing in one or two papers should fill in only one application form.
In the case of multiple applications, only one will be accepted and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund for the paid fee.
The GATE 2022 examination will be conducted on February 5, 6, 12, and 13, 2022. The GATE 2022 score will remain valid for three years from the date of the announcement of results.
GATE 2022 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, and six other Indian Institutes of Technology at Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai, Roorkee & the Indian Institute of Science at Bengaluru on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the master’s programme and recruitment by some public sector companies.
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher year of any undergraduate degree programme OR has already completed a government-approved degree programme in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts.
Important dates to remember:
- Opening date of online application portal: August 30
- Closing date of regular online registration/ application process: September 24, 2021
- Closing date of extended online registration/ application process: October 1, 2021
- Display of defective applications to rectify: October 26, 2021
- Last date for rectification of applications: November 1, 2021
- Admit Card will be available for download: January 3, 2022
- Announcement of the results in the online application portal: March 17, 2022.
Examination pattern for GATE 2022:
Examination mode: Computer Based Test (CBT)
Duration: 3 hours
Number of Subjects (Papers): 29