Delhi University has released the consolidated first DU cut off 2021 lists of this year for arts, science and commerce UG courses in its various colleges with recorded 100% cut offs. In Jesus and Mary College and Hansraj College in their computer science and psychology courses cut-off is 100%. Check the direct links for the list and the application process.
Apart from them, several other colleges recorded very high cut off marks due to the record high number of applicants this year and high Class 12 marks among other reasons.
Five cut off lists will be released by DU this year for admission to its UG courses. The second cut off list will be out on October 9 and the third on October 16.
The Delhi University admission process will start from October 4 at du.ac.in. DU colleges had been asked to submit the first cut-off lists by 1 pm today. The combined lists have been uploaded at du.ac.in and admission.uod.ac.in.
A record number of applications were seen by DU this year for UG, PG, MPhil and PhD seats 4,38,696. So, seats will likely be filled sooner. In case vacancies remain, more admission lists will be released.
Factors considered for Delhi University cut off marks:
The following important factors are considered for deciding the DU cut off marks:
- Total number of applicants
- Programmes offered
- Previous year’s cut-off trends
- Availability of seats
- Best of four subjects
Why are DU cut off marks so high?
The cut off marks for college admissions this year were expected to go very high as the number of students who scored above 90% in their Class 12 exams increased drastically due to the alternate marking systems employed to tackle the no-board exam rule for CBSE, CISCE and most state boards.
The CBSE Class 12 board exams 2021 recorded 70,004 students with above-95% marks and 1,50,152 students with above-90% marks.
Added to this, the drop in the number of students going to study abroad because of the pandemic, and the rise in the number of applications have also contributed to the high DU cut off marks.
DU Admissions 2021: How to apply to UG courses after getting DU cut off lists:
1. Students need to choose a college and course from the DU admissions portal dashboard
2. The cut off lists need to be checked closely to make sure the students are eligible to apply to that particular course in that college.
3. Students then need to complete the DU admission 2021 form online. All aspects will be verified later by officials from the admissions committee.
4. The application forms are transferred to the Convenor of admissions who keeps a check on the recommended admission cases and later, sends the forms to respective college principals for approval.
5. The DU colleges may reject an application but only after giving a reason for the same.
6. If the application is accepted, students need to upload the required documents on the DU admission portal for document verification
- Class 12 or qualifying exam marksheet and passing certificate
- Class 10 marksheet and passing certificate
- Caste certificate/EWS Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate from school
- Migration Certificate from Board
- Character Certificate
- OMR form of University Registration
7. The admission may be cancelled if any of the documents are incorrectly uploaded, not uploaded, or show incongruency in the details.
8. After uploading documents, students need to pay the admission fee and save the receipt.
9. Once the admission fee is paid, they need to wait for a confirmation from the respective college for their admission status.