Delhi University Reopened Offline Classes; Check Covid Guidelines to be followed on campus.
To join offline classes, students coming from outside states will have to first complete the isolation period of three days and only then resume their classes.
Delhi University reopened its doors for undergraduate and postgraduate courses from Thursday, February 17. Considering the overall decline in COVID-19 cases across the country, the decision can be seen as a welcome move.
University officials had announced the reopening of UG and PG classes on February 9, 2022. Several students had also protested outside the university and demanded resumption of offline classes. However, as per the media reports, many students are still divided in this matter and many of them are now demanding to operate the university in hybrid mode.
Also Read: Top Central Universities in India: Ranking List of Top 10 Central Universities in India.
Irrespective of whether for or against the decision to reopen offline classes, there are certain guidelines that need to be followed by everyone on their college campus.
Delhi University Reopened: Covid-19 Guidelines
1. Students who will be coming from outstations to attend offline classes, will have to first complete an isolation period of three days and only then resume their classes.
2. Wearing masks and maintaining social distance at all times is mandatory for students and staff
3. Students have to carry their vaccination certificates and present them either at the entry of the College or anywhere else on the campus if asked by the staff.
4. Officials directed the colleges to ensure that their classes and campus are sanitized, ventilated and all arrangements are made for students coming back to campus.
5. Colleges should provide adequate availability of thermal scanners, hand sanitizers, and soaps 6. Students have been advised to cooperate with their respective hostels for accommodation.
Welcome to the University of Delhi!
Ever since its inception in 1922, the University of Delhi (informally known as Delhi University or DU) has been at the forefront of teaching-learning in diverse areas of higher education. The University offers exceptional educational opportunities straddling a wide range of programmes and advanced curricula taught by renowned faculty.
Besides offering an avant-garde pedagogy, the University offers comprehensive extracurricular activities and excellent infrastructure. The University’s robust educational enterprise comprising 90 Colleges, 16 Faculties, 86 Departments, 23 Centres and 3 Institutes is spread across North and South campuses covering Delhi’s geography.