The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the last date of fresh admission for the July 2021 session for ODL and online for undergraduate and. postgraduate programmes except semester-based programmes. The candidates can now apply till December 12. The interested candidates can apply through the online admission portal for ODL programmes — ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.
Earlier, the university had extended the deadline till December 7. The application deadline has been extended many times this year.
The fresh applicant is required to create a new registration and submit all the details and choose the programme he/she wants to pursue. The IGNOU offers programmes in various disciplines at master’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, PG diploma and diploma, PG certificate and certificate programmes, and appreciation/awareness levels.
From the current session of 2021-22, the university has launched many interesting courses for students as well as professionals. From Jyotish to cultural studies and learning Urdu to Sanskrit sambhashan, the courses introduced this year touch the stones of diversity and creativity.
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online:
- If you are a first time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus and read carefully the Rules of the University (Section 10) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read sections 11,12,13,14 and 17.
- Click on the button NEW REGISTRATION that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 200 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
- Please fill up the details carefully. If you are using the services of a cybercafé to fill up your form, please make sure that details are correctly filled up and the relevant documents are uploaded as prescribed.