Google the tech-giant inviting scholarships applications from women who aspire to pursue a career in the field of computer science. Generation Google Scholarship for Women in computer science will support students pursuing computer science degrees excel in technology. Selected students will receive $1,000 for the 2022-2023 school year.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation and academic performance. Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student in a bachelor’s degree for the 2021-2022 academic year and be in the second year of study at an accredited university in Asia Pacific country when completing the scholarship programme.
Who can apply for scholarship?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s degree for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Be in your 2nd year of study at an accredited university in Asia Pacific country when completing the scholarship program
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
For students who may not be eligible, we strongly encourage you to visit Google Careers for Students page to find out about alternative opportunities and programs that are available for your country/region based on your academic level.
Applicants will have to submit their resume/CV highlighting technical projects and participation in community engagement and academic transcripts from their current or prior institutions. Candidates are also required to submit two 400-word essays, which have to be written in English.
These essays will assess your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and financial need. Interested candidates can check the requirements at buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/generation-google-scholarship-apac before December 10, 2021.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, innovation and academic performance.